Sunday, April 29, 2012

TGICFS.

Chicken fried steak at Top Notch. © Ryan Schierling









Given the stellar track record Top Notch has with their fried chicken, I had no qualms about trying out the chicken-fried steak on a recent visit with friends. They ordered their burgers, fries and onion rings, while I went for CFS with fries and salad. Sadly, a few dazed and confused bites into what looked and tasted like a pre-breaded, formerly-frozen steak-patty, I was glancing longingly at my compadres' burgers, knowing I'd made a huge mistake. Next time, I'll return to my Top Notch usual - the #4 Longhorn Special.

Plastic utensils
portend pretend CFS.
JKL, Top Notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments. Thanks for your patience as we moderate to avoid spam and other internet foolishness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...